The Topaz is a precious and peculiar Gemstone of various colors. It is also the Birthstone for our current month, November.
Here are 7 of the most curious facts about this precious Gem:
1. Topaz (aluminum fluor-silicate) a mineral that occurs in rhombic prisms, typically of yellow and pellucid tone, also occurs in green, blue, brown, purple tones. It can also be found in a clear and colorless state.
2. Purely extracted Topaz is colorless. Topaz Gemstones that present color, consist of 3 components:
Hue: This is the first impression of color, at first sight.
Tone: Intensity of the color, which may range from light to dark, light, medium or strong.
Saturation: A state that relates to the intensity of the color of the Gemstone. This may be dull, strong, or vivid.
3. The name “Topaz” is derived from the word Topazos, which was a small island found in the Red Sea, where the Ancient Romans extracted these peculiar stones.
4. For those of you who believe in the western horoscope and Zodiac signs, The Topaz Birthstone is associated with the 8th sign of the Zodiac, Scorpio. Other associated birthstones are Beryl, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Tourmaline and Opal.
5. The Topaz can be a Wedding anniversary Gemstone, for the 4th and 19th year of a marriage.
6. Constancy, Devotion and friendship are typical symbols associated with the Topaz Gemstones.
7. It is almost impossible to distinguish a Topaz Gemstone from a Citrine Gemstone with simple observation.
OROLATINA®, LLC Toll Free: 1-888-ORO-LATINA (1-888-676-5284) International: 1-646-688-3670